- 2 large bone in pork chops
- 2 tsp Cajun spice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- Crush the garlic.
- Mix all the ingredients together using a whisk.
- Coat the pork chops and let sit for approx. 2 hours refrigerated.
- Remove the chops from the fridge ½ hour before you intend to cook them.
- Trim the broccolini
- Place a pan of water on the stove and bring to the boil. The pan should be big enough to comfortably fit the broccolini.
- Use a non stick fry pan to place on a high heat on the stove
- Add vegetable, canola or Cobram extra version olive oil (this has a high smoke point) – enough to coat the base of the pan.
- You will know that the oil is hot when you see ripples in it.
- Gently place the pork chops into the pan (away from you).
- Cook the first side to a nice brown golden colour.
- Turn over to do the same.
- Once the second side is also a nice brown golden colour, turn down the heat.
- Using a digital thermometer monitor the heat rising in the meat by probing in different parts of the meat. Once the meat has reached 65 – 70 degrees C remove from the heat.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes.
In the meantime, place the trimmed broccolini into the pan of boiling water. Let boil for approx. 5 minutes. Drain into a colander.
- Season to taste.
- Serve the pork chops with the broccolini.