2 * 250g -300g New York Cut steaks
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a mortar and pestle to crush the coriander seeds.
- Crush the garlic
- Mix the marinade together with a whisk and coat over the meat.
- Use a non stick fry pan to place on a high heat on the stove
- Add vegetable, canola or Cobram extra version olive oil (this has a high smoke point) – enough to coat the base of the pan.
- You will know that the oil is hot when you see ripples in it.
- Gently place the steaks into the pan (away from you).
- Cook the first side to a nice brown golden colour.
- Turn over to do the same.
- Once the second side is also a nice brown golden colour, turn down the heat.
Using a digital thermometer monitor the heat rising in the meat by probing in different parts of the meat. Once the meat has reached 55 – 65 degrees C remove from the heat. Let rest for about 5 minutes.
This is med – rare.
In the meantime, place the trimmed broccoli or asparagus (approx. 300g) into the pan of boiling water. Let boil for approx. 5 minutes. Drain into a colander.
Season to taste.
Serve with the steaks.