- Potatoes 1kg
- Fresh cream ¼ cup
- Butter 1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes and dice evenly.
- Place into a pan of cold water and bring to boil.
- Once the potatoes are soft enough (if you put them through a fork and they fall off the fork) remove from the heat.
- Using a potato masher or sieve, mash the potato and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Test for taste and texture.
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 – 2 ½ tsp salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp oil (of your choice)
- Blend all the ingredients in a bowl. Use a handheld stick blender. Coat over the meat.
- Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Use a non stick fry pan to place on a high heat on the stove
- Add vegetable, canola or Cobram extra version olive oil (this has a high smoke point) – enough to coat the base of the pan.
- You will know that the oil is hot when you see ripples in it.
- Gently place the steaks into the pan (away from you).
- Cook the first side to a nice brown golden colour.
- Turn over to do the same.
- Once the second side is also a nice brown golden colour, turn down the heat.
- Using a digital thermometer monitor the heat rising in the meat by probing in different parts of the meat. Once the meat has reached 55 – 65 degrees C remove from the heat.(This is med – rare. )
- Rest the meat for about 5 minutes and serve with the mash potato (heat the potato in the microwave).