Serves 4 portions
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Brush steaks with oil and preheat a chargrill pan or BBQ.
- For almond mojo sauce, place coriander roots, stems and leaves in a blender or food processor and process until roughly chopped. Add half the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil and ½ teaspoon salt and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and fold through almonds, mango and chopped coriander leaves.
- Assemble salad and dress with remaining lime juice and oil.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes. Spoon over sauce and serve with salad.
- Select a mango that is ripe but still firm. It should smell sweet but feel firm when gently pressed.
- Spice up your sauce with a little jalapeno or fresh chilli.
- To easily remove the mango flesh, slice off both cheeks from the seed, then use a large kitchen spoon to separate the mango flesh from the skin, then dice the flesh.
- Swap sirloin steak for rump, porterhouse or scotch fillet steak.