Serves 4 portions
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°fan-forced).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add mince and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until browned.
- In a small bowl mix flour with stock until smooth.
- Add stock mixture, sauces and Vegemite to mince. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes until mixture has thickened. Stir through spinach until wilted. Season.
- Meanwhile, using a small sharp knife, cut pastry into 4 rounds slightly bigger than four 1-cup capacity ramekins.
- Place pastry rounds onto a large tray lined with baking paper. Gently mark the edges of the pastry with a fork.
- Lightly brush pastry with egg and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until crisp, golden and puffed.
- Divide warm pie filling between ramekins and top with pastry rounds. Serve with mash potato, peas and extra tomato sauce.
- You could also use diced beef for this recipe instead of mince – dice the beef into
- 1cm pieces and increase the cook time.
- Add more vegetables to the mince mixture, if desired – e.g. broccoli, cauliflower or peas.
- You can also use 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, thawed, for this recipe.