Serves 4 portions
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Heat 1½ tbsp oil in a heavy based pan, and brown beef evenly in 2-3 batches. Remove and place in a casserole dish.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the remaining oil. Sauté onion and garlic. Slowly add the flour and stir for 1 min.
- Add red wine and simmer until reduced by ½. Add tomatoes, bay leaves and oregano.
- Stir until combined and add to the casserole.
- Place in oven and cook for 2 hrs or until meat is tender. In the last 30 mins add mushrooms, parsley and beans. Adjust seasoning to taste.