Serves 4 portions
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (fan-forced).
- Place prepared vegetables into roasting pan and place roast on top.
- Spread roast with half the mustard to coat the top. Sprinkle over salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes for medium roast (65 degrees in the middle with a meat thermometer).
- Rest on a board uncovered for at least 15 minutes before carving. While the roast is resting, make your gravy.
- Heat pan juices in a saucepan on medium heat. Combine corn starch and ½ cup water in a separate bowl to form a slurry.
- Whisk slurry into pan juices until combined then add remaining water in a ¼ cup at a time while whisking to thicken.
- Once all water is added, simmer until desired consistency. Alternatively, add more corn starch slurry to thicken.
- Carve roast in 1 cm thick pieces and serve with vegetables and gravy.