Serves 4 portions
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- In the bowl of a food processor combine cannellini beans, lemon juice, garlic, half the oil and 2 tbs water. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the tarragon. Season.
- Brush the steak with remaining oil, season. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan on medium high heat. Cook steak for 3-4 mins each side for medium rare or until cooked to you liking. Transfer to a clean plate. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- To serve divide the bean mixture amongst plates, top with steak, beans extra tarragon and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Rump, porterhouse or eye fillet would also work in the recipe. Scotch fillet steak can also be known as boneless rib eye.
- Make sure all steaks are of the same thickness to ensure they cook evenly.
- Swap out cannellini beans for lentils. Use chives thyme or parsley instead of tarragon.